Thursday, August 19, 2010

the rest of the fun in Santa Fe

Okay, now let's backtrack to the first week of August. My friends left Santa Fe on Sunday, Ryan and I went to Flagstaff Monday and came back Tuesday, and on Wednesday Josh arrived!

Dad and I picked Josh up from the airport (after looking at art and history at the Albuquerque Museum) and headed to lunch so Josh could have green chili on a burger. Then we went to the Sandia Peak Tramway, the world's longest tram.









Wednesday evening Mom made dinner, then Dad, Josh, and I walked around downtown and went up to the Cross of the Martyrs. By that point Josh was practically asleep after his early morning flight.

Thursday Josh, Ryan, and I went out for Mexican lunch, which made us so stuffed we basically had to nap the rest of the day to recover. When we woke up it was time for dinner, so Josh and I joined my parents at the Plaza Cafe (Southside). Then I took Josh to a boot store, and he bought cowboy boots.

Friday Josh and I went to Bandelier. Yes, I'd already gone the week before, but I went again. It didn't rain this time.









Friday evening Josh and I visited five different museums (whew!), including one with cowboy boot art. Then we ate dinner at the Blue Corn Cafe and got commemorative pint glasses for Santa Fe's 400th birthday. Later that night we went out with Ryan for a few drinks, including a stop at a happenin' club.

Saturday there was an arts and crafts festival on the plaza, so we went down there to look around and so Josh could get souvenirs and gifts for people. That afternoon we went to my grandparents' house for watermelon and dessert with the whole family.





Josh was not too impressed with our mighty Santa Fe river. His favorite part was the clouds.



Saturday night we (Mom, Dad, Ryan, Josh, and myself) got a little dressed up and went to dinner. We had delicious spinach balls for our appetizer.



Sunday morning we stopped by Jackelope and Josh bought a buffalo jaw bone. Then it was time to head to the airport in Albuquerque.

Overall it was an excellent trip, I'd say.

No comments: