Monday, August 02, 2010

New Mexico is littered this time of year.

I'm in Santa Fe and I just had a great weekend with my college friends Amy, Katie, and Andrew. I'll talk more about our fun times later, but for now let me say that we have had quite a few pistachio shell sightings.

Thursday night we saw this one while walking to dinner and drinks at Del Charro. Those are Katie's feet behind the shell.



Saturday we took a trip out of town, and we found a grouping of shells at Camel Rock. Camel Rock is a little hill with some rocks that look like a camel, and of course we stopped to take pictures. (See camel rock in the background?)



We passed Camel Rock on our way to Bandelier National Monument, where we took a short hike and climbed around ancient cliff dwellings. Here is a shell with Andrew's foot.



It poured while we were at Bandelier and we all got soaking wet. Here is a shell in a puddle, with Amy's feet.



Now the gang has all headed back home, and tomorrow I'm headed with Ryan to Arizona to move his stuff into his new apartment. I'll let you know if I see any Arizonan pistachios.

No comments: