Tuesday, February 07, 2012

this and that

Sorry for the hiatus.

We're still running. And I'm still really excited about it. Saturday Josh and I ran fourteen miles. That was the farthest either of us had ever run. From here on out in our marathon training that number will just keep going up, and I will keep thinking to myself, "wow, that's the farthest I've ever run!"

I went ahead and got a sports watch with GPS. Now we can see how far we've run as we're going AND see our pace, and after plugging it into my computer it will show us the route we took, the elevation changes, how many calories I burned, etc. etc. etc.

So let me report on tonight's seven miles:

mile ave. pace
1 -- 9:49
2 -- 8:49
3 -- 9:48
4 -- 8:33
5 -- 9:49
6 -- 9:17
7 -- 8:37
Summary: total time 1:04:41.5, distance 7.00, average pace 9:15

In other news, Josh's birthday was yesterday. Saturday we had dinner at a German restaurant with his grandparents, Sunday I took him to dinner at a South African restaurant, and last night I made him a mango lassi, per his request. Next time I will puree the mango better and use a little less sugar. But overall it was still pretty good.



And finally, let me remind you that school is back in session. I'm going to class (in Fairfax) once or twice a week, and Josh is in class (not in Fairfax) twice a week. And we have jobs. So things are busy around here. Hopefully I'll still find time to blog, but you may have to suffer through mostly posts about marathon training. Get excited.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the updates! Enjoy the running :)