Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I hear ya bro.

My brother Ryan on the phone: You know how when you go to a foreign country it's polite to eat whatever they eat? Well today I made dinner for The Foreigners [two of his friends from work, one from France and the other from Spain] and they refused to eat it!

Me: What did you make them?

Ryan: Kraft's Blue Box Macaroni and Cheese.

Me: I ate that for lunch!

Ryan: I know, right? But they wouldn't eat it! I was all, "You guys don't understand, I grew up on this stuff!"

And it's true, we did grow up on mac and cheese. I still love it. We had a babysitter once who didn't think a box of macaroni and cheese was a decent meal, so she made us cut up and stir in a hot dog. Even way back then I thought, "you really think adding a hot dog to this is making it better for us?" There was also the time Ryan and I were alone making mac and cheese for lunch but discovered we didn't have any milk to add, so he went across the street and asked our neighbor for a little glass. Because sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm completely on the side of the Frenchman and the Spanaird on this issue.