Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Broadcasting from RVA...

I'm back in Richmond. And I've already been to work at my internship for three days. It's a little creepy how things haven't changed much over there. Same people in the same places, some of them working on the same projects (like me, working on a different section of the same project). I'm back to packing lunches and taking walks every day during my break. So far I have noticed only two differences. The first is that they moved me to the other side of the huge table, and another intern has my old spot. The second is that the construction work done at the Powhite toll plaza means I pretty much have to take my life in my hands every evening when I want to cross lots of lanes of traffic very quickly to get to the Chippenham exit. I guess that has nothing to do with where I'm working, but I'm using my return to the same commute as the connection. In case you missed it.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

the powhite bit is totally ridiculous! when traffic isn't so bad, i go through an exact change lane with my ezpass so it's not such a GINORMOUS dash for the exit. what the heck were they "thinking"/smoking, maaan? O_o

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of big-city traffic. When I first moved to Santa Fe, people complained about the traffic, and my response was "What traffic?" Unless you have driven in a large metropolitan area, you have no idea what traffic really is. Now you will look back fondly on your growing-up days in NM and realize that Santa Fe is a very small town.

Cynthia

ALF said...

do the birds still attack you this year?

andi said...

They haven't so far but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for them...