Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh dear.

This weekend I'm headed to the Eastern Shore in Maryland to hang out at a house on the bay my aunt has rented. I was thinking it would be pretty fun. Hang out by the water, eat, nap, play around outside, play games inside, maybe ride a bike, maybe catch a crab. You know, an all-around good time.

However. My grandparents are currently at the house and I just heard the report that last night there was a SNAKE wrapped around the bed post next to my Grandma's head. A snake. On the bed. Inside the house. I am freaked out.

Remember a few weeks ago when I went to the mountains in North Carolina with my friend Elizabeth and we climbed around Chimney Rock Park? I spent about 45% of my walking time there looking for snakes. I tripped and almost fell down stairs because I was looking for snakes instead of looking where I was going on the side of a cliff. If I hear snakes are around me I can think of little else besides snakes.

That means this will be a long and red-eyed weekend as I sleep little but fear a lot. I'll be sure to update you when I return. That is, if I return...

1 comment:

ALF said...

best of luck.