Tuesday, October 06, 2009

g-ross

I'm trying to enjoy making good meals out of vegetables. Not that I don't like vegetables, because I do. I'm just trying new things I guess. Last night I baked beets and apples together. It was okay, but I shouldn't have bothered mixing it with bland cous cous. Overall I was disappointed.

And tonight was a billion times worse. Someone at work had an extra spaghetti squash, so I brought it home. I don't think I've had spaghetti squash before, but I thought it would be fine. I found a simple recipe for cooking it and eating it like basic pasta, with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and Parmesan. Now I don't know if I overcooked it, or what, but it was nothing like spaghetti and adding what I did sure didn't help. It would have been better with brown sugar, like an acorn squash. As it stands, I don't think I can even finish eating my bowlful.

We know this must be serious because I always clear my plate.

Oh! I just remembered that I tried Spaghetti squash once at a restaurant. It was a nice place, and I had high hopes for the squash there, but now that it comes back to me, I remember being super disappointed with it then, too. I guess me and spaghetti squash just aren't meant to be friends.

No comments: