Saturday, October 03, 2009

sunburn in October

Today I went to the Virginia State Fair. I saw expo booths of crafts and stuff for sale no one wants or needs, I saw lots of animals, and I rode some rides. It turns out I also got a sunburn. But the main reason for this post is to rant for a second. Remember when it took me forever to get home from the U2 concert Thursday because we were stuck in a parking garage and traffic didn't budge? Well that sort of happened again today. While leaving the fair we sat at a red light for well over fifteen minutes. There were tons of police directing traffic, and they made us wait a quarter of an hour just for a turn to turn. I'm not saying I was way in back and it took several turns before I got to the front and got to go. I'm saying they didn't give us a turn! Aaagghhh! I understand there were billions of people trying to get into the fair and maybe traffic was backed up on the interstate. But we still deserve a turn to leave! Plus, if they don't let us leave, where will all those new people park? It blows my mind. It's time like those that I *might* have a touch of road rage.

No comments: