Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend where? Richmond, duh.

Saturday evening I babysat Bobby-the-best-godbaby-ever in Richmond. But first I went shopping at the outlet mall in Williamsburg. Very often I have big plans for clothes I need/want and I go shopping for them but after hours of searching and grumbling over prices and hating myself for looking stupid and fat in the dressing room mirror I end up leaving without purchasing a single thing. But not yesterday! The trip was a success, and shopping at the outlet mall in Williamsburg came with the added bonus of hearing a fife and drum corps outside the food court.

The babysitting went fine. Josh and I took Bobby to the mall, where he rode a coin-operated speed boat (which he did not enjoy), and a race car, (which he did enjoy). He also looked at lots of books at Barnes and Noble.

Today after lunch with the family Josh and I went to the Richmond Folk Festival to hear some tunes. Sunni went with us, but she found a friend from school to hang out with and decided to ditch us old fogies. Which was fine. As for the music, I heard a little bit of a lot. There was throat singing, French fiddling, reggae, a trombone band, western yodeling, and New Orleans jazz. There was also cotton candy and limeade. Fun times.

No comments: