Friday, September 21, 2007

extra!

Kevin Costner is in Santa Fe right now. My brother Ryan always keeps me updated on these things when he sees celebrities. The extra part of the story is that Costner (and some others I don't remember) are filming a movie now that requires a presidential debate scene with a big crowd, so they've woo-ed a crowd to the rodeo grounds with a free concert of Costner and his guitar and free raffle prizes. And apparently my dad has gone over to sit in the crowd and listen to music and be an extra in a movie.

He's always doing stuff like that. Not trying to be an extra, but trying to see movies being filmed. Years ago he took me downtown to stand in the street and watch Woody Harrelson film a dancing scene for some movie I don't remember and never saw. Dad and I also tried to catch some filming of Rent on the plaza once, but we were too late. When Jessica Simpson filmed Employee of the Month at the park across from our neighborhood dad and Ryan went to check it out, and were told by security to leave. My dad also keeps me updated on all the movies being filmed around New Mexico. The latest news was that the old state capitol building right next to the building where he works downtown was recently transformed into the White House for one day of shooting.

Clearly, that stuff is exciting for my father, and I bet he's having a great time tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...besides the fact that I promise to call you this week...I also want you to know that Kevin Costner also visited Tacoma this summer. Perhaps there's a trend regarding former homes of Andi and Kevin Costner. Just be thinking about that.