Friday, September 07, 2007

Finally.

Tonight I finally went to my first show down here in North Carolina. Well, not counting a few cover bands. Ever since I left Tacoma/Seattle I've really missed going to concerts. Tonight my friend Elizabeth and I went to Chapel Hill to see The Mountain Goats (but really it was just John Darnielle). It was great. I had forgotten about how I listened to a Mountain Goats cd on repeat as I packed up my apartment in Tacoma to move away. One of the lines is "I am gonna make it through this year if it kills me." I was prepared to use that as my theme song in my future home of Richmond, but luckily I didn't have to. Of course now with busy and hard school plus a thesis to write, I might have to reinstate it...

1 comment:

ALF said...

I am thesis writing this semester too...on top of working full time! We can commiserate when things get rough...