Monday, November 27, 2006

I lied, and a story

Well duh, plaster doesn't fall from the ceiling for no reason. Of course water has dripped. I just didn't see it, or bother feeling the floor. But then I heard it. Now my trash can is under the leak and there is a lovely drip...drip...drip happening. I'll have to dampen that somehow before I go to bed.

Now for a little story. When I was a kid, I liked to imagine that I lived back in Little House on the Prairie days. During the summer I watched that tv show every day (I read some of the books too, don't worry), and I also liked reading the American Girl books. Anyway, when I would go to my grandmother's house (in Santa Fe) I would, for some unknown reason, pretend it was back in the day and there was no electricity. The way this actually played out was when I'd go to use her (pink) bathroom I would first pretend to light a pretend match for a pretend candle, and somewhere in the required motions to light said pretend match I would flip on the light switch. Then when I was done I would blow on the light switch and discretely flip it off on my way out. I remembered this fun tidbit-from-Andi's-childhood in class tonight, and thought I would share it with you all.

No comments: