Friday, November 17, 2006

See how she runs

I have doubled my success rate of running all the way around the lake without stopping since I last posted about it. In fact, the last four times I've tried (Sat, Mon, Wed, Fri) I have succeeded. I am making great progress. The next step is to keep going after I've done a lap. Before you know it I will be running marathons. Yes, I made that plural. Oh, and I forgot to tell you all that the other day a squirrel dashed out in front of me and I almost stomped on him. That would have been a disaster.

Twice now I have made a crazy macaroni and cheese/squash/corn dish. I like it. I got the idea from my Rachel Ray book, but she makes it all fancy and I don't have lots of the things her recipe requires, so I tweaked it. Part of tweaking it means I use a box of Kraft blue box macaroni and cheese, rather than making it from scratch. Also, I think I use the wrong kind of squash, but I use what I've got! I have not been very good at cooking this semester. I mostly eat sandwiches. In fact, I've only made my Andilicious burritos once since I've lived here, and that is usually a staple for me! Other than the Rachel Ray thing, the only other time I looked in my cook books this semester (I think) was to see how long to cook hard-boiled eggs.

No comments: