Monday, February 05, 2007

My Weekend

Friday: Woke up early and drove to Richmond. On the way there I came upon a long line of slow cars in the right lane on I85. Knowing this could only mean one thing- a cop was ahead- I went ahead and decided to pass them all, including the Sheriff in front. The rest of the scaredy pants soon followed because seriously, 70mph is too slow. Ate lunch, lazed about, and tried to read for school/watch tv with Grandma. Watched There's Something About Mary with both grandparents. That's right, you think about it. Amusingly awkward.

Saturday: Slept in, then tried to go for Mexican lunch. Our favorite place, Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe at Stony Point, is closed forever. We tried Mexico on Forest Hill but it wasn't open yet, so we settled for Moe's. Went to a fun coffee shop I just discovered on the south side, where I read history for over five hours. First I got a latte, then a couple hours later I went back for a cookie, and a couple hours after that when I wanted to throw my book about the Indian slave trade in South Carolina out the window, I went back for a glass of wine. I think that was the first time I've mixed alcohol and homework, but it was necessary.

Sunday: Read for school and waited (for what seemed like forever) for Uncle Richard to arrive. Finally ate lunch, then ran out the door to meet Allison. Went to FSC for church, ate a monster cookie, and then went with Allison for a delicious beer at the incredibly empty Capital Ale House in the west end. Went to aunt's house to watch the second half of the Super Bowl, which I didn't pay any attention to or care a thing about. Also played some Wii Sports.

Monday: Woke up early for a big breakfast with Uncle Richard. Finished my laundry and headed back to Raleigh. Sang along to Broadway showtunes the whole way, and decided the 1970s is my least favorite decade for musicals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suggest you modify the first three words of Monday from "Woke up early" to "Finally woke up"