Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I RAN OVER EIGHT MILES!!!

Today I ran around the lake twice. Then I stopped to stretch and thought, "hey, I'm feelin' pretty good." So I ran around again. That was over six miles, and more than I had ever done before. Then I thought, "hey, I'm not doin' too bad." So I ran around again. Jennifer was right about running becoming addicting. I love it. In fact, today I realized I was smiling as I ran. As you know, I'm not really known for smiling a lot. To think that running was making me so happy (combined with the blue sky, my music, and the turtles that are back) I couldn't help but have a silly grin on my face as I huffed and puffed my way around the lake! It was great. Of course now I can barely move my legs and I have blisters on my feet, but still. Eight (plus) miles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to be doing a marathon before we know it! Good for you, A.B.

I'm Jennifer said...

Yay! 8 miles is a long way. any chance you want to come to Richmond March 31st and run the 10K with me??? I miss you tons, ever time I go to some event that you used to attend, I think about how much I'd love it if your were there when I opened the door!