Friday, September 28, 2007

Back behind the wheel, and the horn works, too.

I finally got my car back. Finally. And just in time, too. I got a call yesterday from the car rental place that my insurance money was up and starting today I would have to pay for it myself. So I called the repair shop (again) and they said it's ready. Note they didn't call to tell me it's ready, I called them. Anyway, this was some pretty good timing. After watching The Office with the girls last night a friend helped me return my rental car and get to my apartment, and this morning another friend picked me up and took me to get my (finally) repaired car.

Only problem? They discovered this morning that my horn didn't work. But they'd ordered the part already. This made me feel uneasy. I had plans to drive to Richmond, and is it a bad idea to drive without a horn? The lady at the desk said she doesn't use her horn. "Do you usually use your horn?" she asked. Well, no, if you're asking if I'm one of those road ragers always poised to honk obnoxiously, that's not me. But what if someone slowly backs toward me and I don't have a horn to stop them from crunching my brand new hood and bumper?

Anyway, long story short, I left without the horn but in about three hours they called and said they had it, so I was able to get that fixed. I also passed my emissions test and applied my new registration sticker to the license. And everything seems to be working fine because I made it safely to Richmond.

Of course now that I have my own 2000 car back I'm missing the power windows that actually work on all four windows, the air vent that doesn't constantly flip up and can actually point where I direct it, and the cd player of that 2007 rental car...

No comments: