Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I think this one's a keeper."

On our never-ending quest to find decent Mexican food around here, the grandparents and I once again tried a new place today for Mexican Saturday. I learned from a recent survey about a couple of new places that are supposedly good. Then I read a review and decided we should try Cielito Lindo. Grandpa had the tilapia, I had good carne asada tacos, and Grandma and I both had margaritas. The place wasn't too far, was cute, and the waiter was friendly and put up with us very nicely (except for the part when Grandpa mentioned I'm from New Mexico and the waiter said "that's near Arizona, right?" Ugh. "Yes," I replied, "but it's much better than Arizona.")

It's still not what I'd like, but that's because New Mexico has spoiled me. Unlike many of the places we visit in Richmond, however, this is one we'll gladly visit again.

No comments: