Sunday, December 02, 2007

"It's priest. Have a little priest."

Guess who's excited about the movie Sweeney Todd!!! That's right, I am! I love this musical. I mean, a barber kills people and then his lady friend bakes them into pies! That's exciting stuff right there.

I learned about Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street when a cabinmate at Interlochen showed me a video of her performing the song "Wait" at her school. I was hooked from that song alone, and as soon as I got back home I bought the original Broadway production's soundtrack, starring Angela Lansbury. I played it all the time, including on family road trips. My brother Ryan was scared by the musical and didn't like it, which usually made me want to play it around him even more.

If he gets to come to Richmond for Christmas I'll make him go see it with me.

No comments: