Thursday, December 27, 2007

You can take the girl out of New Mexico, but you can't take New Mexico out of the girl.

This is the first year I will not be in Santa Fe at all during the holidays/winter break. However, this does not stop me from trying to have a New Mexican Christmas.

On Christmas Eve my dad and I put about 50 farolitos in front of my grandparents house, and even though the picture doesn't do it justice the place looked great.

That same night my mom made our traditional Christmas Eve posole dinner, and for dessert we had the biscochito cookies she and I made.


To top off my New Mexican Christmas in Richmond, my parents gave me a book on the West, a calendar with wood block prints that are in the New Mexico Museum of Art, and a little note pad made out of a New Mexico license plate.

Overall I had a great Christmas, though it would have been better if my brother Ryan were here. Hope you all had a great holiday, too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

"...though it would have been better if my brother Ryan were here. "

i concur! that notebook your parents gave you make me chuckle. :] this year's was definitely a great christmas!