Thursday, March 13, 2008

keepin' stock in stock

I have discovered lately the need to keep chicken and/or vegetable stock, well, in stock. (Okay, after typing the first sentence I got confused and checked my pantry to see if it's really called "stock," and my store-bought cans are called "broth," but I assume those are the same, and if they're not, um, that's embarrasing.) This is because I like making vegetable soups. We all know my favorite is butternut squash soup, but I have also made cauliflower soup and tonight I made carrot soup! It was no butternut squash soup, let me tell you, but it was still good. I also ate some asparagus and two biscuits. Pretty good dinner I would say. However, the thing about cooking at this point in my life is that too often the act is synonymous with procrastinating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need for embarrassment- they are the same thing...