Saturday, March 08, 2008

saw lots of sights

So my New York trip is almost over. We checked out of the Carlyle today and Ryan flew home, so that is sad. I miss him already. We had a pretty good time.

Let me think...I think I last updated on Wednesday. So Thursday we walked through Central Park and visited the Natural History museum, which was pretty awesome. Then we went to Soho and Ryan bought some clothes, and then we wandered around there and Chinatown for a really long time until some friends met us for dinner. Then Friday we slept in, visited the Met, went to the ginormous Macy's (Ryan did more shopping), and went to MoMA. Oh, then dinner in Little Italy. This morning we got up and visited KMart so Ryan could buy a cheap suitcase to carry all of this extra clothes back home, and then we had to check out. He drove away in a cab, and I took the bus across town to meet my friend Keith for lunch, which was great. It's so fun to see these good friends and even though we haven't seen each other in a few years we jump right back in as if no time has passed! After lunch I stopped by the Carlyle one last time to get my bag, then took a cab to Celia's house in Brooklyn. That's where I am now. Her dad made chicken for dinner, just like old times in Santa Fe. Tomorrow we plan to visit the Whitney Biennial (which I saw last time I was here!) before I fly back to Richmond.

So that's that. I'll post a few pictures when I'm home- Ryan was our official photographer and I think we got some fun ones.

Signing off,
Andi

No comments: