Sunday, October 01, 2006

I guess I'm not really a beach girl

This weekend I'm hanging out with my grandparents at Sandbridge, near Virginia Beach. Beach trips with the family are always nice because they're low key and involve a lot of food and napping. My mom's family has always gone to the beach for family vacations, and a lot of them dream of having a beach house or condo of their own some day. I grew up in land-locked New Mexico though, and my family vacations were usually to the Colorado mountains. I sit here looking out at the ocean and it's nice and all, but quite frankly it's just a big body of blue topped with more blue above the horizon. Some green would be nice, in my opinion. I think my dream vacation home would be in the mountains on a lake, so you still have the water to look at, or for fishing/swimming/boating, but you also have mountains and trees and the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves.

No comments: