Saturday, October 07, 2006

weekend update

Yesterday I woke up to a flooded (sort of) bedroom carpet. I guess my refrigerator was leaking under the wall into the bedroom? Anyway, it smells. They came and worked on it, but the carpet won't be dry for a while, so they're coming back on Monday to put the carpet padding back.

Last night I saw 1776 the Musical!!! It is one of my favorites, even though it's not really that great as far as musicals go. But it's about the Founding Fathers and the Declaration of Independence and I love it. I sat with one of my professors, who went up afterwards and did a little "talk back" with the actors. He guessed 85-90% of the show is fiction, but pshaw, it's the spirit that counts. Haha, I'm not a history grad student who just said that. The costumes were pretty interesting- they kept the basic shape and idea of period costumes, but really they were just normal clothes cut in crazy ways. John Adams' pants were simply cut off and stringy below the knee, Benjamin Franklin wore a trench coat cut and shaped to look like it was from the 18th century, and Thomas Jefferson wore blue galoshes. In my head I sang along to all the songs.

Tomorrow's soccer game might be a disaster (if it doesn't get rained out). We're going to be short on girls, which means we'll be down two players because of the male-female ration you have to keep, and I will have to play the entire time. It's annoying that the person who doesn't know anything (me) will have to play (and get tired) the whole time while perfectly willing and able guys who do know what they're doing have to stand on the side and watch. We'll see what happens.

Other than that? Homework, and lots of it. Plus grading papers. And my dad comes Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OPEN UP A WINDOW!

andi said...

dude, I've tried, but I think they're painted shut (or I'm just too weak). Obviously I live in a real fancy place...