Friday, October 27, 2006

I Heart Raleigh

Or at least I want to. That's my plan. I've been thinking a lot lately about how I need to dive in here. So far my mind has mostly thought "I live far away from campus and downtown, I'm only here for school, I'm too busy to get involved in stuff besides school, and after school I'll probably just move away again." All of those things might be true, but I will probably miss out on good times here if I stop there. When my dad was here we went to some different parts of town I'd never been to, and ate at real live restaurants! (Being alone and poor means I don't really eat out much...) So that widened my Raleigh world a little. I'm also trying to get to know more people through church, so I've started going to a "home group." And tonight I carved pumpkins with kids at a city block fall festival, organized by the church. Let me tell you, I'm pretty masterful at scooping out pumpkins. Grey's Anatomy night is also still happening, which makes me excited because I like the girls and we are starting to be friends.

So I don't dislike Raleigh, I just don't know it enough yet. My heart is now ready to embrace the City of Oaks.

No comments: