Friday, October 13, 2006

Jessica Simpson has practically been to my house.

Tonight my dad and I went and saw Employee of the Month, the new movie with Jessica Simpson in which two guys who work at a Costco-like store compete for Employee of the Month in order to win the girl's (Jessica's) affections. Obviously it wasn't that great of a movie, but that's not why we went. We went because the whole thing was filmed in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, including a scene RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. If you see it, and you should if only so you can see where I grew up (and still visit my family), pay careful attention to the baseball game scene. It takes place at Ragle Park, which is about two blocks from my house. You can see the racquetball court on the corner with the mural painted on it, which is also where lots of prairie dogs live. You can also see my high school up on the hill, and the apartments across the street. You can see the corner of my neighborhood, and the fence at the back of Megan's house, who was one of my best friends all through school. Though you can't see it, my elementary school is just on the other side of the park, and I used to walk through it to and from school. You can also see the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the distance. The scenes at the store, though, were shot in Albuquerque, and the mountains you see there are the Sandias. It's pretty exciting to see your neighborhood up on the big screen, especially when it's as random as Ragle Park in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

No comments: