Monday, March 05, 2007

it's a small (history) world

I just stopped by my alma mater to visit two of my former professors. It was nice to see them and catch up briefly. One professor is currently using the book of a professor from NCSU in his course, and the NCSU guy happens to be someone I will need to talk to eventually if I want to write a thesis on some aspect of western history, so it's fun I now have a random connection to talk to him about. I also told him I'm writing a paper on the Pueblo Revolt of 1680, and he copied an article for me that will be helpful. While I was there another professor came through who left a year or two ago and was stopping by to visit, just like me. I never had him or knew him, but a guy in my archives class knows him from when they were getting doctorates at Minnesota, so I said I know so-and-so and now when I go back and see him in class I'll have a message for him. These little connections are exciting to me. I'm really liking school and this whole academic world of history.

No comments: