Thursday, May 17, 2007

News from home.

This past week I've been on the move. Now I'm in Santa Fe, and let me give you the updates.

First of all, my dad has a beard. I knew that already, but I hadn't seen it yet. I'm not gonna lie, he looks a little like Santa Claus. My dad has always had a mustache, and hasn't had a beard since before I could walk. So this is big.

Next, the mini van is gone. We've always had a mini van, but not any more. Instead my dad has a Hyundai Santa Fe (how appropriate!). It's okay I guess.

In related news, Ryan has a big white Toyota Tacoma. He's pretty much becoming a hick. But I still love him.

Today I played my cello for the first time in a couple years. It took a while to get the thing tuned, and then I was surprised at how much I could still play. I'm going to practice more over the summer.

Finally, this morning while drinking coffee and chatting with my mom I looked outside and saw a bird (I'm bad with identifying birds, but maybe it was a robin?) in a nest feeding little baby birds. So that was kind of exciting. Then this afternoon Ryan went outside to deal with Jackson, his yellow lab, and found the nest on the ground, with all the birds (momma included) killed. So that was sad.

The end (for now).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me! the mom was dead too?! the most depressing story ever! you win.