Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh Simon and Nick, how I love you.

One of my two favorite movies ever is Shaun of the Dead. (The other one is sometimes embarrassing to say, because it's a chick flick and I usually try to avoid admitting that, on occasion, I like those sorts of movies, but You've Got Mail is really great, okay there, I said it.) I've seen Shaun of the Dead many times and every time I watch it I crack up and squirm and swoon and do all of the things you should do with a good British romantic comedy with zombies.

Well the makers of Shaun of the Dead made what is in my book another hit with Hot Fuzz.

It's very much like Shaun of the Dead in all the right ways, but it's still fresh and funny and not at all a disappointing sequel in any way. At least that's my opinion, for what it's worth. So you should probably go see it, and if you invite me along I will probably be happy to join you.

No comments: