Monday, May 07, 2007

school's....out for summer!

Well this is it. My first year of grad school is over. I'm a year of grad school smarter now.

And yes, I finished the paper and turned it in only a couple minutes after five. It was only fifteen pages, but she said "it's cool, it's cool." No, she didn't say that, but you get the idea. The thing about this paper is that it helped me get back to my roots. Sure, I took a New Mexico history class in the seventh grade, but other than that 1) by dad taught me everything else I know about New Mexico and 2) I didn't really care that much about New Mexico history anyway. And yet this semester, when I'm over here on the east coast and can write about anything in the whole world of colonial history, I randomly decide to write about a Native American uprising in colonial New Mexico. It was fun though. All those names I've heard my whole life (streets, my junior high, etc.) all the sudden have familiar historical figures behind them. Anyway, enough about that.

So school is over, but I've got a busy four weeks ahead of me before my internship starts. Fun busy, not stressful busy. Summer fun busy, in fact. I'm sure I'll keep you updated. Speaking of which, as you can see the blog got a slightly new "do." I didn't really mean for that to happen, it was an accident. Oops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Andi!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.