Thursday, October 25, 2007

homework cycle

Thursdays are my Fridays, and boy do I love the end of my Thursday. I'm on campus and working from 8:30 until 6, and then I collapse and watch TV all night and sleep way too much on Friday. And Fridays, while super exciting because I can sleep in, also ring in a new week of work. Have to start a new book for environmental history, have to read articles, have to stress over the lack of thesis work getting done. I usually don't notice the amount of work I do because I understand that I'm a student and it's not a "real" job and I only have classes three days a week and I get to read at coffee shops and write papers in bed. But the last couple weeks it's been hitting me. My weekends are relaxed but full of reading, writing, and grading; and my weekdays (minus Friday) are packed from morning until late at night.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love this work that I do, and to be honest I dread the day I'm finally done with all this graduate school and have to get a real job. I guess this rambling is just a mixture of me realizing how much work I do and reassuring myself that it really is work at the same time, if that makes any sense.

No comments: