Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Five Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

(I've been tagged.)

1. I like to jog my memory and list things I've done or people I've known, sort of. Here are two (similar) examples: For a very long time after I was at Interlochen I would close my eyes (I was usually in bed trying to go to sleep anyway) and mentally go through my cabin, naming every girl in her bunk, her instrument/art/reason she was there, and where she was from. I did the same sort of thing with the students I studied abroad with in London- name, university, and where they were from.

2. Once when I was a kid my babysitter's daughter (she was a year older than me) and I were in her parents bedroom and she pulled out a handgun from under the bed. We looked at it, and then she put it back. I don't think I ever told anyone about that.

3. My dream car is a charcoal Jaguar.

4. The only time I ever wanted to throw up because of disgusting food was once when my parents forced me to eat canned oyster stew. I'll pretty much eat anything, and I'll even eat more canned oyster stew, but I was super angry at my parents for forcing me to eat it the one time in my life that I was trying to refuse.

5. I ditched my honors English class several times my freshman year of high school to go hang out with Becca and Erin. I still got an A. I also hated living with the constant stressful fear of my parents finding out. Now I'm letting them know.

2 comments:

Maura said...

You don't by any chance know Ingrid Moody do you? She did Interlochen for years and years - first as a camper and then as a counselor.

andi said...

I don't remember the name. Maybe I would recognize her if I saw her?