Monday, December 04, 2006

My Weekend

I'm going to consider myself one of Val's friends, so I will do what she asked.

The thing is, my weekends in Raleigh can be very lonely and pathetic. I will work harder next semester to make things better. Anyway, I digress.

Friday, I procrastinated. I don't even remember what I did. I think my day involved sleeping way too late, and playing way too much Spider Solitaire, instead of writing my paper. Finally I dragged myself out of the house and through the rain to a coffee shop, where I worked on my paper from 4:45 until 10. Then I came back home and watched Love Actually, because it's the only movie I own that I haven't already seen a billion times.

Saturday was pretty similar. Slept in (which, by the way, is not always by choice. If I don't have to actually be somewhere in the morning, I have a hard time waking up.), and ran around the lake. Then to mix things up a little I drove to Foster's Market in Chapel Hill to work on my paper, which I could only do for three and a half hours until my battery ran out. Then I decided to go to the mall, because for some reason going to malls is like comfort food. I don't actually buy anything, I just feel like I'm back in New Mexico, thanks to the homogenization of America's malls. Anyway, this didn't actually work for me, and I left tired and depressed about how I have to start Christmas shopping but I don't have money or any clue what to get anyone.

Sunday I planned to wake up early and work on my paper more, which didn't happen. I went to the 11:15 service at church, but was 15 minutes late. Then I stayed for the ownership seminar and finally got home at 2. I put on sweats, made a pot of coffee, and worked on two papers from 4:15 until 1:30, with small bouts of procrastination on the internet in between.

No comments: