Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back in Home # 3

Today I drove back to Raleigh. It was kind of nice coming back to my own apartment. They re-patched my ceiling and it looks much better.

I had two classes today. First was Colonial and Revolutionary US History, which will involve mountains of reading every week but sounds like it should be good. And we're going on a field trip!!! An alumnus is paying for the whole class to go to Jamestown and Williamsburg for two nights, including the hotel, admission, dinner at one of those taverns, and who knows what else. I'm so excited!

My second class was Archives again, only this time we're going to be sent around to work actual collections and create finding aids. I had a hilarious and awkward experience trying to tell the professor what sort of a collection I would like to work.

I downloaded iTunes to go with my new iPod Nano, so now I get to see what all the excitement is about. Do they automatically give you random music and pretend they found it on your computer? Or did Dell automatically give me random music I don't know about? I already have a list of 64 songs but have no idea where they came from.

After class I went to the grocery store, because my refrigerator was empty. A few people will be happy to hear that I bought four little pork chops, and ate one tonight. I used my grill pan, and grilled some apple slices to go with it, just for fun.

1 comment:

Maura said...

When you are in Williamsburg, go to Nawab on Monticello Ave...omg, I just looked at their website and they just opened on in Raleigh. You are incredibly lucky, it is probably my most favorite resturant in the world.