Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm eligible.

I learned today that I'm eligible for the Daughters of the Revolution. I must also be eligible for the United Daughters of the Confederacy, what with being related to Stonewall Jackson and all. You should check out the UDC web site. The whole idea is kinda crazy to me. Read the main page with "Why I am a Daughter of the Confederacy." It says things like "I came into this world with the blood of a soldier in my veins," and "Like the man in the Bible, I was given a talent and it is my duty to do something about it." Also, for UDC membership you have to be descended by blood from someone who served honorably in bold.

Anyway, I don't think I will be joining either, and especially not the UDC. And here's another thing-- these days about 95% of the people who visit and use archives are genealogists. This doesn't sound exciting to me at all, which could be a problem because archives are where I'm currently headed with my career.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, according to your brother, you also could be a, "daughter of the potato famine," if you formed such a group...