Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Secret Art Project, Finally Revealed

Here is what I did over my Christmas break. I made tile mosaics in wooden tea trays. That means I cut tons of glass tiles with my "nippers" (wearing latex gloves and eye protection, of course), I painstakingly glued every piece of glass down and tried to make all the little shapes fit, I grouted the tiles at least twice for each tray, I polished them, and I painted or stained the trays themselves.

And now for my portfolio:

This is the first mosaic I did. That means the first ever in my whole life. I gave it to my grandparents in Richmond.



This is the second one. I gave it to my grandparents in Santa Fe.



This is the last one, and my best work I think. I gave it to Aunt Caryn. Also, she made me sign the back "AB 2006," so some day when I'm famous and people are spending the big bucks to get their hands on one of my tile mosaics, hers will be extra special because it was signed "AB" and no one will realize that is me, but it is.

No comments: