Friday, January 26, 2007

Not sleeping on the wrong side of the bed, just sleeping during the wrong hours of the morning.

This is my weekly schedule so far:

Monday- TA class at 6pm.
Tuesday- Class at 6pm.
Wednesday- Class at 3pm and 6pm.
Thursday- The Office and Grey's Anatomy at 8:30pm.
Friday- Whatever the heck I want.
Saturday- More of whatever I want.
Sunday- Church at 9:30am OR 11:15am.

That's it. Do you notice how Sundays are the only days I have to get up "early"? Can you begin to imagine the problem this is becoming for me? I can sleep in every day. Now yes, of course I'm grateful, but my body is contorting itself into this twisted thing that must sleep in every day. I can't wake up early, unless I have to be somewhere, and we've already covered how I never have to be anywhere. In addition, because I never have to wake up early I can never get myself to go to sleep early. In fact, the last few nights I've tried to go to bed around midnight but I just lay there and don't actually fall asleep until after 1am. Then the alarm goes off at 8am but I can't open my eyelids or move my arms, so I sleep another hour and a half through NPR on my radio alarm. Last night was the worst. I was out later than usual, and finally got in bed around 12:45 but decided to do a tiny bit of history reading, and then I tried to work on a crossword puzzle, and then it was 1:30 or so and I tried to sleep, but I can remember looking at the clock at 2:58, still awake (obviously). Which means there's no way I'll wake up with my alarm at 8. I didn't even bother listening to the radio, I just turned the thing off this morning and slept until 10:30. This is no good people. Maybe it would be ok if I were really diligent about getting all my reading and work done, but I wake up and get on the internet, and eat some breakfast, and maybe go for a run, and shower, and get on the internet again, and then it's time to eat some more, and before you know it it's 3 in the afternoon and I feel like I've shot the day. I'm in a terrible cycle. Oh, the other problem is that I get home from class at 9 but feel like it's almost bed time so I don't do much homework, and then it's 1:30am and I think back on all those hours I could have read if only I'd realized I'd be awake for so long. UGH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're worrying about this way too much. Of course, I don't know if you want to take advice from a woman who can sleep 16-18 hours if given a chance.