Monday, July 23, 2007

At least the running warmed me up.

Those of you in the area already know that today was unseasonably not as warm as usual. And a few posts ago I told you that they keep the building freezing at my internship, so I use a lunch-time walk in the heat to warm up. But without heat today, I stayed cold outside even though it's July and I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt. In fact, I looked down while eating my sandwich and noticed that my fingers were white and my nails were purple with cold-ness.

As I continued to walk down the nice tree lined street in the Fan and contemplate my freezing fingers, a whooshing flurry flew precariously close to my head. "Goodness!" I thought, "that bird scared me." And then the bird scolded me and I looked up in a tree to see its beady little bird eyes staring directly at me. Before I could even comprehend the creepiness of the ogling bird it took off from the branch and headed straight for my head. I jumped and hurried off down the sidewalk, but the whooshing bird came at my head again. No joke, the bird was stalking me. I had visions of bird poop in my hair and my eyes being pecked out, and when the bird kept flying from tree to tree and aiming at my head I freaked out and ran down the street to get away. Seriously. I ran. With my open Coke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time, at my mom's old house, a mama bluejay built her nest in th tree right by our front door. Come springtime, she would dive-bomb my head, I'm assuming to protect her babies from the dangerous suburban teenager.

Kate said...

There are birds around my house that do that to the neighborhood cats. I believe they are mockingbirds around my house that are doing it. They are crazy!