Wednesday, July 25, 2007

tagged: 8 habits or facts

1. I still drink Carnation Instant Breakfast most mornings for breakfast. In fact, I'm running out...

2. If I write in a book that I'm reading for school (and those are the only sorts of books I write in) I do it in pencil because I think it keeps the page a little cleaner looking and also because I am always self-conscious about what other people will think about what I've underlined if I ever sell the book or lend it to someone, and I imagine that I can always just erase everything, though to this day I have never actually gone through and erased any of the pencil markings.

3. I make my bed every day, even when I live alone in my Raleigh apartment. Every day. Mostly this is habit, because my Dad always forced us to as kids and because my grandparents will give me a hard time if I don't, but I also feel like it makes the bed seem more fresh when I get back in at night, even if I haven't washed the sheets in two months.

4. When eating M&Ms or Skittles I like to have an even amount of colors in my hand, so I will eat the extras until they're even, and then eat those evenly, usually three at a time.

5. Since I have been getting up early every morning to take Danny on a walk (so he'll poop somewhere other than the yard) and to water, I have been in the habit of cheerfully telling myself once I'm out of bed to "Greet the Day!" And sure enough, it helps cheer the morning up. Coffee helps, too.

6. My love of crossword puzzles has put my grandparents into the habit of always leaving the Flair section of the newspaper (aka "Andi's section") out in the living room for me, even when they've already thrown the rest of the paper out. Also, when I am in Raleigh for school but they know I am driving up to visit for the weekend they save me the crossword, and that makes me happy.

7. When I go to Taco Bell, which I mostly do in Santa Fe but occasionally do in Raleigh, I usually get a bean burrito and a soft taco supreme.

8. My face often has a habit of giving away whatever I'm thinking without my noticing. This usually simply amuses people, because I have been known to make some funny faces unconsciously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#8 is totally true and one of the Catrows' most favorite things about you