Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I don't live in an empty house anymore!

My grandparents are back! Grandpa came home yesterday, and Grandma came home today. They still have lots of recuperating to do, but they can walk and get themselves to the kitchen. Tonight they came to the kitchen to experience my first attempt at tomato soup. We have a billion tomato plants outside, which I am in charge of watering. Also, they are flopping all over the ground because I don't know anything about gardening or putting in stakes and stuff. I figure since we have a billion plants we can sacrifice some of the tomatoes to the ground and eat the rest. Anyway, I didn't want to make plain-old-tomato-soup so I added some herbs I found outside (I water those, too) and an onion and even some jalapeno and chili powder. It was spicy and not at all what they were expecting, but I thought it was good and they at least played along nicely and ate it all. Now I have to think of some other awesome things to do with tomatoes for when a new little batch gets ripe...

1 comment:

ALF said...

last summer we had 3 tomato plants that produced over 800 tomatoes so I can understand the need to find things to make using tomatoes...

spaghetti sauce is always good!