Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I always pack a lunch.

This is the last week of my summer internship, and the people in the office are being so nice. Yesterday we went out to lunch to celebrate the end, and on Thursday (my last day) they're bringing in donuts for me. (I'm also having lunch today with family who are coming by, and even though it has nothing to do with my last week of work it is exciting because that makes two days this week that I don't have to pack a lunch!) This all seems especially nice for two reasons. One, they already gave me a big ice cream party last summer at the end of my first internship. And two, I'll be back in three weeks! That's right, the internship may be over but they've offered me a "real" job starting September 2. So I'm not going back to North Carolina or library school. Instead I'm moving to the city on my own, where I will live in walking distance to work. But don't worry, I'll keep packing all my lunches.

2 comments:

ALF said...

Horray for real jobs. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the job, maybe we can talk on the phone during your break and mine in a week or so. Hope you're having fun!