Saturday, August 02, 2008

three things

Number One: I told you the big turtle shows up on the sidewalk when it wants food, and here is picture proof!




























And since the turtle requested food, Grandma complied by giving it shrimp.




























Number Two: My grandparents grow tons of stuff in the yard, including tomatoes. We have one that is possibly the largest tomato I have ever seen in my life. I put it next to a bunch of bananas to show its scale.




























Number Three: One of the other things growing in the yard is a plant with tiny hot peppers. So hot that we can't eat them. Grandpa, the lover of all hot peppers and hot sauces, ate one and thought he was going to die. So today while we ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant on the Southside Grandpa offered to give our hot peppers to the owner. The man seemed very pleased with the idea. Grandpa went on to describe how hot these peppers are and said he has to use rubber gloves to pick them. "It only took one time to learn not to pee right after picking peppers," Grandpa explained. And that Chinese man doubled over and almost cried from laughing so hard.

1 comment:

ALF said...

I'm very jealous that you have ripe tomatoes from your garden. I am waiting patiently for mine to become ripe!