Tuesday, August 19, 2008

some of those updates

Last Thursday I went with Ryan and his girlfriend to Nambe Falls and to Taos. Only instead of actually spending time in Taos, Ryan hijacked our trip and took us through a national forest on an incredibly long and bumpy road over a very large mountain. By the time we reached Taos we only had time to grab an ice cream cone and drive back to Santa Fe. Then we ate a big fancy dinner at his resort's restaurant. Remember how he worked for a fancy hotel downtown? Well he switched to a brand new and super fancy resort outside of town. The food was delicious.

Saturday my family (all four of us!) went to see Swing Vote. That's the movie with Kevin Costner that takes place in New Mexico, and my dad watched part of it being filmed earlier this year. We couldn't find him in the crowd scenes though, sadly.

Sunday night my mom and I went to the Santa Fe Opera for their Apprenticeship Showcase. The nice thing about the Apprenticeship Showcase is that it doesn't cost a billion dollars like the regular operas, and you get to see whole scenes from 8 different operas, instead of one long opera that may have potential for being boring.

I've watched lots of the Olympics and several movies. I also started reading Blood and Thunder, and I'm hoping to get through most of it and then go back to Taos to visit Kit Carson's house (he's a major figure in the book).

1 comment:

ALF said...

My dad's girlfriend lives in Santa Fe. I've never been but it's on my list of places to visit. Sounds like a great place!