Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ubiquitous Pistachios

If you keep an eye out for them, you will find them. That's what I've discovered about pistachios. Well, pistachio shells, to be exact (because who would waste the delicious nuts?). I don't actually look for them, they just appear on my radar I guess.

For example, after hiking up to the M in Missoula, Montana, I found two half-shells. And after walking up a hill the other day to view Nambe Falls in New Mexico I found two more shells on the ground.

When I find them, they are always laying there alone. No other trash, no sunflower seed shells or peanut shells. Just the shell from a single pistachio nut.

Now get excited, because from now on when I find pistachio shells I'm going to report back here, and if I happen to have a camera that will be even better. And for my first "ubiquitous pistachios" installment I will report that I found another shell yesterday outside of Bed Bath & Beyond in Santa Fe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a nut :-P