Thursday, August 14, 2008

Saved for times such as these.

Yesterday I flew to New Mexico to spend two weeks with my family in Santa Fe. I'm pretty excited to be here, and I'm sure you'll get lots of updates while I'm here. My first update, however, is unfortunate.

My luggage did not arrive in Albuquerque with me. Nor did it arrive last night at my house around 9pm when they said it would. When I called the 1-800 number after 11 my bag had not yet been located. I was not happy.

In the interim, I needed some essentials. Like clothes. I decided to see what I've left in my dresser all these years, and it was a little embarrassing. I found multiple sets of pajamas. About three pairs of jeans. Lots more tank tops. Several t-shirts. Skirts. Shorts.

Why have I kept all of this??? I don't even live here! Even if some of it still fits me, I obviously don't want to wear the stuff if I have kept it in Santa Fe. The only answer I can think of is that I was saving it all for a time just like this. A time when my luggage would not arrive and I would need clothes to wear. So with that in mind, I'm pretty genius.

(Disclaimer: Even though I had to wear my old pajamas and open a new toothbrush, I just recieved a call that my bag should be here any minute. So I won't actually have to wear any of those clothes out in public. And if I'm real motivated maybe I'll even take the stuff to Goodwill. Of course I'll probably save some it, just in case this happens again some day.)

No comments: