Monday, March 19, 2007

homework shmomework

I did homework all weekend. My breaks usually revolved around eating. I cooked the cauliflower soup (which I just finished off), the next day I made a grilled chicken salad (and set the smoke alarm off when I burned my croutons), and on Sunday I made that macaroni and cheese with squash and corn dish (adding thyme was a mistake, even though the recipe calls for it).

This morning I read more secondary sources, then sorted electronic files at the records center, then went to my TA class and led discussion. Only there wasn't much discussion. Nobody read the material, so I mostly just talked, and my voice started to get horse. And a guy fell asleep.

Tomorrow I have to spend the whole day writing a historiography paper. I'm a little nervous I won't be able to write "at least eight pages," since it's sort of a limited topic. Well, maybe I'm more nervous about how I haven't planned out the paper well enough yet (or at all) and how I know I will end up spending hours doing that tomorrow, leaving less time to actually write. Which means I'll have to be up really late, and I will be sad.

As soon as the paper is done and turned in I have to start researching the Pueblo Revolt, and I have to start (finally) reading primary sources for my big research paper (which will turn into my thesis). Plus next week I will have tons more papers to grade, and the weekend after that I'm in Williamsburg the whole time, and then after that drafts start coming due, and shortly after that the whole semester is over. Thinking about that stresses me out because I have tons and tons of work to do before the semester can be over. Ugh.

No comments: