Friday, June 08, 2007

Bigfoot

Way back when, like junior high days, I had pretty big feet. I normally wore sizes 9.5 or 10. My Aunt Caryn would give me her old shoes, which were huge, and they would fit. Then I guess my feet shrank. (Or shrunk? Er, got smaller.) I wore 8.5 for several years. 8.5 is a good size. It's Celia's size, and when she makes me get dressed up to go out I can borrow her heels.

But my feet just got big again. My parents bought me a pair of cute black flats in Santa Fe, and they are size 9. Not only are they size 9, but I realized after wearing them all day last Sunday they are still a little snug. Blame it on that particular brand, you say? What about when I got running shoes last weekend and I ended up bringing home SIZE 10?! How do you explain that? And then I got some fancy flip flops(by fancy I mean not from Old Navy), and they are also size 10. This is crazy, I say. Crazy.

No comments: