Monday, June 18, 2007

nature seems to be moving in

Our garage has become a zoo.

A little bird built a nest in a cubby holding paintbrushes, and birds hatched, and one of them has already flown away. I mean, I guess this is kind of neat and cute and all, but the momma bird is always making a fuss at anyone who goes in the garage, and I'm always afraid she's going to swoop down and poke my eyes out.

In addition to the bird, the other day we were in the garage to check out the birds and the grandparents noticed a squirrel over by the other wall. A squirrel who was headed straight for the door, where I happened to be standing. I freaked out and jumped a mile out of the way, then ran across the yard, afraid the thing was going to bite my ankle and give me rabies.

The next day Grandpa reported he saw a chipmunk in the garage. Now seriously, this is getting to be too much. All those animals are, as animals tend to do, leaving grossness everywhere, and now I'm afraid I'm going to get hantavirus.

No comments: