Friday, June 01, 2007

My back hurts.

While in Santa Fe my lower back started to feel a little funny, and I thought I must be sleeping on it wrong. One day was especially bad, and I blamed it on my old mattress with worn out springs, so Ryan switched the mattress with the trundle bed mattress under my day bed (day beds are hot, I know). That helped a little. But right as I was starting to feel better, I had to sit for many uncomfortable hours on an airplane and carry my heavy bag on my back, and that didn't help anything. Today my back is bad again. But let me clarify- when I say "bad" it is definitely relative. I have been blessed so far in my life with little pain, so when something is different or uncomfortable I say it hurts. I still managed to go for a run, and that didn't hurt, but I can't bend down very easily, and I couldn't do my usual stretches, and I decided against crunches.

I'm really hoping that sleeping on good beds and not sitting in airplanes will fix it, and that this will just go away. Especially since I have to start sitting at a desk all day every day on Monday.

No comments: