Thursday, June 14, 2007

Total History Nerd

Today at my internship I was sitting at my big table working away when I learned there was a public lecture about to take place downstairs, and the lady who's supervising my work and answering my billions of questions asked if I would like to go.

"Okay, yeah, I'd like to go," I said out loud, (when on the inside I yelled "heck yes I want to go hear a history lecture!"), "when is it?"

"Um, in about two minutes," she replied.

So I dropped my work and quickly headed downstairs, making sure to memorize my path so I could find my way back afterwards.

I was taken aback when I entered the auditorium and saw a sea of senior citizens, but the speaker was good and it was interesting. Sometimes I got sidetracked though and stopped paying attention, but only because I was thinking "This is so great. I'm getting paid to learn history!"

No comments: