Friday, August 03, 2007

I guess I won't be taking us to the beach.

Today Grandma gave me a small flier with details on how to go online and find out if she won a sweepstakes. The prize is $25,000 a year for life. I won't tell you the details because everyone knows that sharing info on large prizes with friends means lessening your own chance of winning, and apparently I'm not that nice. Anyway, being the smart Grandma that my Grandma is, she decided it would be better to enter the contest under my name so the "for life" part will last a little longer (barring any horrible unforeseen circumstances, of course). We started to plan out how we would split the prize, since she got the flier but it is under my name. Grandpa said I could have it all as long as I took them to the beach every year, but I said maybe I should just get $5,000 a year and they can keep the rest. I think we all agreed that was a good plan.

Alas.

I still have a few days to keep trying for a $10,000 award and daily prizes, but we did not win $25,000 for life. Looks like we'll have to find some other way to get to the beach.

No comments: